My real estate friends are always telling me about homeowners who are not concerned about the curb appeal of their home as much as they are about the appearance of the interior when listing their property. Realtors tell us that the first 2 minutes when the client first pulls up in front of the property sets the stage, positive or negative, for the rest of the showing. Yes, first impressions are important, very important. If the outside of the house looks great when they open the front door, they will have a positive attitude. This allows the salesperson to show the true features of the home. Do not forget the backyard. Most of the time the backyard is the last place shown to the client before leaving the property, and you don’t want them to leave on a downer.
There are many tips to improving the curb appeal of your home and below are just a few:
• Flowers – Easy to plant, pleasing to the eye, and generate a pleasing aroma
• Walkways – Clean them up with a power washer and repair those that are unattractive
• Trees – Flowering trees placed in the right spots will brighten your landscape by adding color and dimension
• Mail Box – Buy a new one or paint the old one but make it attractive and pleasing to the eye
• Decks – Power wash and stain and then add some potted plants
• Patios – Cleaning, reorganizing, and placement of potted plants will change the look of any outside area
• Lawn – Keep your yard maintained, mowed, and the trees trimmed
• Paint – Paint the fence, mailbox, or the front door for a quick makeover
• Siding – Power wash the siding to make the colors pop
• Mulch – Add new mulch to your beds and around trees to catch the eye of others
• Lighting – Add low-voltage lighting around the walkways, deck, and around the house is important
• Edging – Edge around the driveways, walks, flower beds and trees for a clean appearance
A home that is well maintained and cared for is a happy home. Taking a few small steps to improve the appearance of your home will be pleasing to you, your neighbors, and will put dollars in your pocket when you decide to sell your property. Yes, you can stage the outside of your house, just like the inside, when selling.
Swan Creek Landscaping, Inc. prides itself in providing unique ideas, tips, and design/build Outdoor Living Spaces to the Cecil and Harford County area that will enhance the value of our clients’ homes and businesses. From design, thru construction, till the dark of night turns on the lighting system, we provide living spaces that will exceed your expectations. And, we are not done when a project is completed; we can continue by maintaining that outdoor space and the remainder of your entire property with Lawn Maintenance that will keep it beautiful year round. Contact us to learn more about how we can help you to make the right landscape investment, while enhancing the value of your home.
Phone – 410.378.8668