1. Excessive Winds – High winds will damage your tree’s limbs and could uproot your tree if you have not taken care of by trimming and thinning the tree. Safely trimming a tree right is not easy and should be done by a trusted tree service.
2. Fertilizing – Trees need fertilizer when planted to give them that jump-start on growing and for setting the root system. Check the soil condition to be sure what kind of nutrients are needed and feed them accordingly. Watch the health and growth cycle of the tree; if a problem occurs, check back with your nursery for help.
3. All Kinds of Pest – There are so many you need a dictionary to name them all. When you see pests around the tree, take notice of the kind. If you don’t know the type, take a picture and check online or call an arborist.
4. Fungus & Diseases – Check on your trees from time to time and watch for changes. Many diseases are specific to the tree type. Know the types of trees you have and type of diseases they are prone to have. There are sprays for most all diseases. Check the lawn & garden store for help.
5. Damage to the Root System – Roots are for taking in nutrients and water to keep the tree alive and healthy. Make sure the roots are not growing up, too shallow, toward the house or toward your water/sewer system. That could be expensive.
6. Watering – With an under-watered tree, you will notice the leaves wilting and very dry leaves. The ground will be dry and sometimes the branches will be very brittle. With an over-watered tree, you will notice wilting and discolored leaves, but you will also notice algae and mushroom growth at the base of the tree.
7. Unawareness – When buying trees, make sure you tell the nursery what you are trying to accomplish and where you will be planting the tree. Know how long it will be in the sunlight, the soil condition, water conditions, topography of your site, and ask your nursery for help and their recommendation.
Swan Creek Landscaping, Inc. helps homeowners and businesses in Cecil and Harford Counties with all of their landscaping needs, helpful hints, and questions. From design, to construction, to maintaining your property year round, we will provide you with a landscaping experience that will exceed your expectations. When considering your Landscape, Hardscape, or Lawn Maintenance needs, please give us a call for a free consultation on how we can turn your visions and our experience into an outdoor living experience you and your family will appreciate.
Phone – 410.378.8668