Adding flowers, shrubs, and small trees to your landscape can change the entire look of your home and greatly add to your curb appeal. But don’t forget about potted plants as a quick and easy way to change the look of your landscape for the different seasons, holidays, or just to please you.
Most small trees and shrubs, and most all flowers can be potted giving you the ability to move the plants around to several locations, as much as you like, which can be a lot of fun. Potting the plants is much like planting and include:
• Selecting Pots – You should choose pots that are big enough for the plants you have selected and their root balls but small enough to easily be moved around.
• Make sure the pots have drain holes in the bottom.
• Put some small pebbles or stones in the bottom for water and drainage.
• Soil Selection – Use a good potting soil and your results will be much better. Do not pack the soil down into the pot. Let the natural weight of the soil work for you and the plant.
• Placing the Pots – You can use the pots in many different ways, including:
o Around the pool, around and on the deck, o Around and on the patio, around the sidewalks
o Flanking the font or side steps, flanking he front door
o At the driveway entrance, around the mailbox
o At the entrance to your backyard
o In different locations in the garden
Swan Creek Landscaping, Inc. helps homeowners and businesses in Cecil and Harford Counties with all of their flowering, mulching, and spring clean-up needs with helpful hints and tips. From design, to construction, to maintaining your property year round, we will provide you with a landscaping experience that will exceed your expectations. When considering your Landscape, Hardscape or Lawn Maintenance needs, please give us a call for a free consultation on how we can turn your visions and our experience into an outdoor living experience you and your family will appreciate.
Phone – 410.378.8668