The item that Landscaping Contractors are most called to design, build, and maintain are Patios. Why patios? Well for several reasons:
1. They are usually the first upgrade made to a new home
2. They can be created in all sizes and shapes to change your existing home appearance
3. They can be the first and most important start to an expandable outdoor living space
4. They can change the appearance of your yard design quickly
5. They are extremely customizable utilizing the homeowners needs, wants and desires
The first step would be to contact your Landscaping Contractor to guide you through the process. Swan Creek Landscaping is the leading expert for designing patios that are unique and have the long-lasting appearance you want.
What is the right way to plan a custom designed patio?
There is no real right or wrong way to design a patio. Everything goes and yes, there is a chance you can make a mistake. The good news is that the right landscape contractor will notice a problem, point it out and offer solutions and related alternatives. Your current landscape may present some restrictions that will need to be considered before you develop a creative design. Ask these questions:
1. What is the topography of the yard? Do you have hills and slopes? This being the case, the size of your patio may be somewhat restricted. The cost associated with leveling the yard and smoothing things out can be expensive and time consuming, requiring equipment and labor hours.
2. Check to see if there are any restriction, ordinances, or homeowners’ association regulations that must be considered before you start. Sometimes the size of the patio, its features (fire pits, pizza ovens, etc.), electrical regulations, and plumbing codes may need city, county or homeowners’ association approvals before proceeding. Or, you can call on Swan Creek Landscaping who will take care of the bureaucracy for you.
3. What features do you want to incorporate into your patio? Make sure you have your wish list of needs and wants. Talk with the family members, neighbors, and friends about the features they have and what they would suggest.
Designing your Stunning Outdoor Patio
The centerpiece of your backyard will be your Patio. The design options are endless. But if you want something really outside of the box, you need to call Swan Creek Landscaping. Some of the most popular features include:
• Tiers Spaces that can be used for multi-use levels
• Attractive outdoor lighting and fencing accents
• Updating of the landscape with mulch, new plantings and flower pots
• Fire Pits and Wall Seating that are naturally unified into the patio
• Outdoor Kitchens that include Pizza Ovens, Beverage Coolers, and Barbeque Centers
Swan Creek Landscaping, Inc. prides itself in providing unique Patios for our Cecil and Harford County clients. From design, to construction, until the dark of night turns on the lighting system, we provide uniquely designed outdoor spaces that we can also maintain year round, including your yard, plantings, and landscape. Pick-up the phone and call us to learn more.