People who live in cities and towns often have small lawns and outdoor living spaces. Across the country, in the past few years, lawns have been getting smaller and smaller. The main reason is the time, energy, equipment and supplies it takes to maintain large lawns and landscapes.
Taking care of small lawns can be easier and more fun than you think. The following are just a couple of ideas to care for your lawn, in a timely manner, while enhancing your time outdoors.
Tool Needs: Depending on the size and type of lawn you have you may only need a smaller number tools for maintenance.
1. Mower – A small electric mower or hand push mower that has height adjustment capabilities may be just what the doctor ordered. The new battery powered electric mowers are easy to use, take little space to store and require a minimum amount of power to charge.
2. Hand Tools – If you have any flowers or a few vegetables plants you might want to have a light weight shovel, garden rake, leaf rake, 5 gallon bucket and a broom. A hand cultivator and shovel might also fit your needs for the flower beds.
3. Trimmer – Consider a small battery powered electric string trimmer to do you edging and trimming around the house, flower beds and sidewalks.
4. Small Spreader – You might also want to invest in small spreader to spread fertilizer and lawn food in the spring and fall. The Scotts Snap Spreader System might be just right, check it out at you Lawn & Garden Store.
5. Landscaping – Consider adding or changing your landscape by designing a space that adds some plants, shrubs and hedges for privacy, incorporates intimate flower and garden beds, and allows for a nice outdoor living space with a patio, hot-tub or fire pit.
Anything is possible so use your imagination and you will create a landscape that will be the envy of the street, which is beautiful, useful, and inexpensive.
Swan Creek Landscaping, Inc. creates and installs small landscape solutions with large results to our Cecil and Harford County clients’. In addition to our lawn and property Maintenance Services Swan Creek also performs Landscape and Hardscape services that include: Gardens, General Landscaping and Hardscapes that include retaining walls, walkways, driveways, pool decks, patios and outdoor living spaces…both large and small. Please call us to learn how Swan Creek can change the look of your property with Landscaping Programs that will enhance the appearance of your home along with the value.
Phone – 410.378.8668