They say you can tell the age of the gardener by the size and number of their tools. How many tools do you really need to be able to work safely around your house tending to your landscape? Well, that depends on how deeply involved you want to be in maintaining your landscape and gardens. Is pulling a few weeds and planting a few bulbs in the spring as much as you want to do outdoors or do you enjoy the outdoors and satisfaction you receive by getting fully involved in the maintenance of your landscape?
Having long been a person who thoroughly enjoys yard and garden maintenance, I can recommend some of the tools for the passive gardener or the investment in tools required for the weekend warrior.
The passive gardener will need:
• Garden Gloves, Knee Pads, Wide Brim Hat, and Safety Glasses
• Small Hand Cultivator & Rake, Yard Rake, Leaf Rake, and Spade
• Hand Pruner, Small Bucket, Collapsible Water Hose, and Spray Nozzle
The weekend warrior who really enjoys the challenge of maintaining a landscape or garden will need:
• Garden Gloves, Knee Pads, Wide Brim Hat, Work Boots, and Safety Glasses
• Spade, Flat Nosed Shovel, Leaf Rake, Garden Rake, Hoe, Pitch Fork, and Wheel Barrel
• 5 Gallon Bucket, Garden Hose, Hose Reel, Spray Nozzle, and Large Mulching Bucket
• Walk Behind Lawn Mower and/or Lawn Tractor (depending on size of the yard)
• Trash Container, Weed Eater, Hand Trim Saw, and Large & Small Pruner
When using all types of tools, the key word is SAFETY! Use the right tool for the job. Don’t force the tool or us them as pry bars. Clean your tools up after use. Have a safe place to store the tools. And we always recommend the use of SAFETY GLASSES.
Swan Creek Landscaping, Inc. helps home owners and businesses in Cecil and Harford Counties with all of their landscaping needs, helpful hints and questions. From design, to construction, to maintaining your property year round, we will provide you with a landscaping experience that will exceed your expectations. When considering your landscape, hardscape or lawn maintenance needs please give us a call for a free consultation on how we can turn your visions and our experience into an outdoor living experience you and your family will appreciate.
Phone – 410.378.8668